Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Back in the saddle again!

Ok, I broke my collar bone cycling November 10. Plates and screws and re-assembled on Nov 22. Follow up visit with the Doctor on December 2.


Picture from Jaydene Reardon


So I had promised my wife to listen to the doc and not to run too early...The doctor had said three weeks and technically I was few days early...but, hey, GUTS was having a training run at Red Top Mountain...practically in my back yard! And it was just a couple of days early. well, ok, four days...


I think my lovely wife, Diana went along with it because I told Jaydene (Red Top Rumble RD) that I would sweep and help out. I think Diana was re-assured because she knew I could not push the pace and there would be others around in case I had any issues.


So sure enough, last Sunday, Jaydene had a Red Top Rumble training run and I was the sweeper, which involved keeping people on the right trail and picking up the flags when we were done. Words cannot describe how good it felt to be out on the trails! It was perfect winter running. Rime on the fallen leaves. Just a hint of wind. The sun would pop out from time to time. Not to mention a great trail running crowd...I could not have asked for a better time to be back! Oh, and Jaydene brought snacks and hot coffee for everyone to enjoy after the run! Just awesome!

John in Cartersville

1 comment: